Our new Fastoche system is in place, and ready for not only staff to use, but parents as well. It is easy to use and gives the parents and staff an easy way to communicate all information regarding the children in the daycare. All parents should have received access to the Fastoche system to update their children’s info regarding pick-up permissions, allergies, doctor’s phone numbers, etc. If you have not received this information on how to update your child’s info, please tell Kim, so this can be completed as soon as possible.
For parental use of Fastoche to inform the daycare of a sick day, ask about a balance owed, or for info on meals or daycare closings, follow these steps:
- Add the daycare text number into your contact list on your phone for easy access. The number is 204-500-0325.
- Use basic commands with three pieces of info, including Who, What, and When. For example, who would refer to the child’s name, when would be the day in question, and what could include sick, absent, doctor, etc. The following are general texts that could be used:
Jimmy is sick today
Lilly will be staying home Friday
How much do I owe for Samuel?
Bobby and Sue won’t be there Monday
Is the Daycare open Thursday
What is for Lunch on Tuesday?
- Be sure to keep the text short and to the point. If it is not accepted, try to word it a bit differently following the guidelines above and resend.
- Also, it is possible to send a text regarding two children at once, provided the message is the same. For example, you can say “Jim and Bobby are staying home Tuesday”, but not “Jim is staying home Tuesday, but Bobby will be there”. In the second case, you will need to send two messages.
The staff has been using the system to send out the daily reports for each child to those with e-mail addresses logged into the Fastoche system. If you are not receiving them, please contact Kim to add it in, so you can receive the reports.
If you have any questions regarding the Fastoche system, please contact Kim at TLC either in person at the daycare, or by phone at 204-745-1948.
On November 13, 2015, the TLC Board of Directors, along with some of the parents of children who attend TLC, hosted a dinner for the staff of the daycare to show our appreciation for the hard work they do. The evening included a sit-down dinner, followed by a few games. Each staff member received a small thank-you gift at the end.
Current Fundraising Events:
- Mabel Labels: Shop TLC Centre page for all your label needs. 20% of your purchase will go towards to centre.
- Mom’s Pantry: $721.61
- Lowe Mechanical Services Ltd. towards our stage renovation: $100.00
- BA Robinson Co. Ltd. towards our stage renovation: $100.00
- Access Credit Union Ltd. towards our stage renovation project: $500.00
- Chocolate Bar Sales: $512.39
- Kathyrn Reimer Photography: $700
- Fundscrip: $562.60
- Mom’s Pantry: $889.75
- Carman Area Foundation for Enhancement and Revitalization of our playspace with a Paint Project: $3000.00
- Tire Stewardship Manitoba: $6496.00
- Community Places for new bike path: $5000.00
- Carman Area Foundation (used to purchase oversized block set) $1000
- Kathryn Reimer photography $400
- Fundscrip Gift Cards $397
- Chocolate Bar Sale $418
- Carman Co-op BBQ
- Kathryn Reimer Photography Day $300
- Nuts over Christmas & Shop at the Hall Event $284
- Christmas Fundscrip Gift Card Drive $855
- Mabel’s Labels $62
- Scholastic Book Orders $453
- TLC Centre had been awarded a TREE CANADA Grant for $1,653.00 that allowed the centre to plant 120 shrubs around both play areas along with 6 shade trees and 2 apple trees. Thank you, Tree Canada! Check out our story on Pembina Valley Online: http://www.pembinavalleyonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40103&Itemid=425
- A BIG THANK YOU to our sponsors- Carman Co-op, Greyland Producers, Carman Ford- and the community for making our Drive A Ford & BBQ fundraising event so successful!!! The BBQ raised over $744 and $1740 with the Drive a Ford Event. We know this event has gotten us closer to obtaining the improvements needed for the center.
- TLC would also like to thank the Carman Area Foundation for their $2500.00 donation towards the Loft construction in our Preschool Space.
- Scholastic Book orders to date we have raised over $300 towards new book purchases for our centre. Thank you to the families for their continued support!
2013 Fundraising Events
- Thanks to our parents, staff and community members for supporting the TLC Centre Inc. craft table at the recent Shop the Hall event. Your purchases of fresh roasted coffee, baked goods, and homemade ornaments helped the centre raise $245!
- TLC would like to thank Kathryn Reimer Photography. She donated all her time and profits to TLC Centre Inc. during our recent fall picture day. Her efforts helped the centre raise $500!
- TLC would like to extend a thank you to The Carman Emergency Services Golf Tournament for their donation of $1000.00.These funds will all go towards playground development and further enhancement of our Infant Space.
- TLC would also like to thank the Carman Area Foundation for their $500.00 donation towards enhancements in our Infant Space.
Board of Directors: Our Current Board of Directors: TLC – Board of Directors – 2017-2018
- Now Hiring: ECE II
TLC Centre Inc. is seeking a Full Time ECE II. For Further information, please contact Kim at 204-745-1948. Resumes may be submitted via email to email@example.com or to Box 1589, Carman, MB, R0G 0J0.